Governor's State Workforce Investment Board (SWIB)
The State Workforce Investment Board is responsible for advising the Governor on the creation, implementation and continuous improvement of a comprehensive statewide workforce development system, designed to train the maximum number of unemployed and underemployed Montanans as possible.
The Governor established the State Workforce Investment Board for several purposes:
- To create policy recommendations related to the establishment and maintenance of an efficient, integrated, statewide workforce development system.
- To serve as a focal point for addressing the major workforce development issues of Montana.
- To lead the strategic planning process for an integrated workforce development system, in consultation with local Community Management Teams.
- To create performance standards that identify effective workforce development initiatives.
- To coordinate the state's workforce investment initiatives with the state's economic development plan.
The Board has established the following goals:
- Engage the workforce system in anticipating and responding to businesses' current and emerging needs for skilled workers.
- Encourage alignment among workforce development, post secondary education, and economic development.
- Advance workforce development policies by providing recommendations to the Governor and other state leaders who support economic development efforts in Montana.
Revised: July 18, 2014