Montana State Workforce Innovation Board
NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
The Montana Department of Labor & Industry has opened the public comment period for the Montana Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) State Plan. This public comment period is open now. Please submit comments by 5:00 PM February 20th, 2016. All comments can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
1. On February 12, 2016, at 10:00 a.m., the Department of Labor and Industry (department) will hold a public hearing in the basement auditorium of the Sanders Building (DPHHS building), 111 North Sanders Street, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed adoption of the rules stated here.
2. The department will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m., on February 8, 2016, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact the Department of Labor and Industry, Attn: Tanner Woodward, Workforce Services Division, P.O. Box 1728, Helena, MT 59626-1728; telephone (406) 444-1620; fax (406) 444-3037; Montana TTD (406) 444-5549; or e-mail TWoodward@mt.gov.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
The Montana State Workforce Innovation Board (SWIB), in partnership with the Montana Department of Labor & Industry, Montana Office of Public Instruction, and Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services has opened the public comment period for the Montana WIOA State Plan. This public comment period is open now. Please submit comments by 5:00 PM February 19th, 2016. All comments can be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Please find attached an RFP from the Montana Department of Labor & Industry seeking proposals for innovative community partnership pilot projects in response to the $100 million USDOL TechHire Grant Initiative. Please distribute to individuals on your respective leadership teams for their immediate consideration.
The Montana Department of Labor & Industry (MTDLI) is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) from eligible Community Partnership Teams (CPT's) for potential inclusion in a $3.95 million MTDLI TechHire Grant Application to be submitted for funding from the U.S. DOL $100 million TechHire Grant Initiative. A sub-group of the Montana State Workforce Innovation Board (SWIB) will review all eligible proposals and will select three (3) to five (5) pilot projects - representing funding requests of $600,000 to $1,000.000 per proposal - to be included in the $3.95 million MTDLI TechHire Grant Application.
As part of my on-going efforts to help cultivate “pilot projects” to help address your respective community’s priority workforce development needs, I am very interested in working collaboratively with you, and your respective community partnership teams, to support you in developing competitive proposals for this grant. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and/or to let me know how I can best assist you in this effort.
Please also take NOTE of the important dates associated with this opportunity:
The State Workforce Investment Board is responsible for advising the Governor on the creation, implementation and continuous improvement of a comprehensive statewide workforce development system, designed to train the maximum number of unemployed and underemployed Montanans as possible.
The Governor established the State Workforce Investment Board for several purposes:
- To create policy recommendations related to the establishment and maintenance of an efficient, integrated, statewide workforce development system.
- To serve as a focal point for addressing the major workforce development issues of Montana.
- To lead the strategic planning process for an integrated workforce development system, in consultation with local Community Management Teams.
- To create performance standards that identify effective workforce development initiatives.
- To coordinate the state's workforce investment initiatives with the state's economic development plan.
The Board has established the following goals:
- Engage the workforce system in anticipating and responding to businesses' current and emerging needs for skilled workers.
- Encourage alignment among workforce development, post secondary education, and economic development.
- Advance workforce development policies by providing recommendations to the Governor and other state leaders who support economic development efforts in Montana.
Revised: January 25, 2016