Advise the Governor on statewide workforce development strategies that maximize the state's education, training, and employment resources in support of economic development.
To fulfill this mission, Board members and staff will work together to:
- Create policy recommendations for the Governor related to the establishment and maintenance of an efficient, integrated, statewide workforce development system to train the maximum number of unemployed and underemployed Montanans as possible;
- To lead the strategic planning process for an integrated workforce development system, in consultation with Community Management Teams;
- To create performance standards which identify effective workforce development initiatives;
- To coordinate the state's workforce investment initiatives with the state's economic development plan;
- Promote a system of workforce development that responds to the lifelong learning needs of Montana's workforce;
- Encourage public/private partnerships and facilitate innovations in workforce development policy and practices; and
- Ensure a quality workforce system by evaluating results and supporting high standards and continuous improvement.
Final TechHire Submission Documents
- TechSmart Budget Narrative
- TechSmart Employer Commitment Attachment
- TechSmart Organizational Chart
NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
The Montana Department of Labor & Industry has opened the public comment period for the Montana Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) State Plan. This public comment period is open now. Please submit comments by 5:00 PM February 20th, 2016. All comments can be submitted by email to email@example.com.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
The Montana State Workforce Innovation Board (SWIB), in partnership with the Montana Department of Labor & Industry, Montana Office of Public Instruction, and Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services has opened the public comment period for the Montana WIOA State Plan. This public comment period is open now. Please submit comments by 5:00 PM February 19th, 2016. All comments can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
1. On February 12, 2016, at 10:00 a.m., the Department of Labor and Industry (department) will hold a public hearing in the basement auditorium of the Sanders Building (DPHHS building), 111 North Sanders Street, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed adoption of the rules stated on the attached document.
2. The department will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m., on February 8, 2016, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact the Department of Labor and Industry, Attn: Tanner Woodward, Workforce Services Division, P.O. Box 1728, Helena, MT 59626-1728; telephone (406) 444-1620; fax (406) 444-3037; Montana TTD (406) 444-5549; or e-mail TWoodward@mt.gov.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED ADOPTION
Revised: March 29, 2016